In this episode of the Roaring Elephant podcast, Dave and I continue to share our Dataworks summit experience, meet yet more listeners, sit in on a few more sessions and give our overall view of the day and the summit as a whole! It will make you wish you were here.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:07:51 — 31.3MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More
Roaring Elephant Roadshow Day 2 – The night after the party!
00:04:14 Session Discussions
Our review of the sessions, what we liked, what we learned, what we’d recommend you go and check out afterwards:
- Meet HBase 2.0
- Bridle your Flying Islands and Castles in the Sky
- HBase in Practice
- Solving Cyber at Scale
- Achieving Realtime Ingestion and Analysis of Security Events through Kafka and Metron
- Row/Column-Level Security in SQL for Apache Spark
- Apache Kafka Best Practices
- Mool – Automated Log Analysis using Data Science and ML
- Building a Large-Scale, Adaptive Recommendation Engine with Apache Flink and Spark
- Backup and Disaster Recovery in Hadoop
01:02:15 Wrap up
Some final overall observations and looking forward to the next summit news from Dataworks San Jose!
Please use the Contact Form on this blog or our twitter feed to send us your questions, or to suggest future episode topics you would like us to cover.