In this episode of the Roaring Elephant podcast, Dave and I attend the Dataworks summit, meet listeners, sit in on sessions and give our overall view of the day! It’s the next best thing to being here.
If you ARE here, then look out for us, we’ll exchange limited edition Roaring Elephant stickers for audio clips.
Roaring Elephant Roadshow Day 1- Direct from Munich!
03:25 Session Discussions
Our review of the sessions, what we liked, what we learned, what we’d recommend you go and check out afterwards:
- An Apache Hive Based Data Warehouse
- Interactive Analytics at Scale in Apache Hive using Druid
- Hadoop 3.0 in a Nutshell
- Running Services on YARN
- Streamline – Stream Analytics for Everyone (AKA SAM: Streaming Analytics Manager)
- Apache Atlas: Governance for your Data
- File Format Benchmark – Avro, JSON, ORC and Parquet
- An Approach for Multi-Tenancy through Apache Knox
01:27:00 Wrap up
Some final overall observations and looking forward to day 2!