In this episode, we start a new series on the different roles in Big Data. Purely by coincidence, it turns out that the winner of our raffle started a new job as a Data Engineer at the beginning of this month, so naturally we decided to invite Marcel-Jan on the show to talk about the how and why of his career move.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:22:58 — 47.7MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More
00:00 Recent events
- It’s morphing time: Apache Ranger graduates to a Top Level Project
- Data-Driven User Engagement
- Driving Product Engagement with User Behaviour Analytics
- Using Apache Spark for large-scale language model training
- Big data pioneer Cloudera reportedly planning an IPO later this year
- Google is acquiring data science community Kaggle
- How to use blockchain to build a database solution
42:00 Big Data Roles: The starter
- Interview with Marcel-Jan Krijgsman (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwBWlpm3Sx4), winner of our raffle and by pure coincidence starting a dedicated Hadoop role on the first of this month .
- Ratiings for MOOCs
- Hadoop safari : Hunting for vulnerabilities
- Open Circle Solutions
Please use the Contact Form on this blog or our twitter feed to send us your questions, or to suggest future episode topics you would like us to cover.