In this episode, we start a new series on the different roles in Big Data. Purely by coincidence, it turns out that the winner of our raffle started a new job as a Data Engineer at the beginning of this month, so naturally we decided to invite Marcel-Jan on the show to talk about the how and why of his career move.
00:00 Recent events
- It’s morphing time: Apache Ranger graduates to a Top Level Project
- Data-Driven User Engagement
- Driving Product Engagement with User Behaviour Analytics
- Using Apache Spark for large-scale language model training
- Big data pioneer Cloudera reportedly planning an IPO later this year
- Google is acquiring data science community Kaggle
- How to use blockchain to build a database solution
42:00 Big Data Roles: The starter
- Interview with Marcel-Jan Krijgsman (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwBWlpm3Sx4), winner of our raffle and by pure coincidence starting a dedicated Hadoop role on the first of this month .
- Ratiings for MOOCs
- Hadoop safari : Hunting for vulnerabilities
- Open Circle Solutions