What are the hardware and implementation options we see.A discussion ranging from direct attached storage versus network attached storage/storage area networks, to on-premise hardware versus cloud options.
00:00 Recent events
- Organisations starting their Big Data Journey
- A lessons learned workshop for a customer after their successful pilot
- Planning Masterclasses for 2016
- Migration customer workshop
- Big Data and the Connected Car webinar (registration required)
07:30 Main Topic
- Direct attached storage (DAS) or “traditional” hadoop
- Network attached storage (NAS) / Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- Cloud / Azure / AWS / Google Cloud / Openstack etc…
- Ceph & Gluster
- ObjectStore(S3) and Other cloud storages
25:30 Questions from our Listeners:
- Doesn’t having a SAN/NAS system break data locality?
- Can I mix drive sizes and types within a cluster or even within the same node?
- Hybrid cluster environments, how to mix cloud and on premise deployment?
- Can I dedicate certain nodes to certain workloads?