Rounding out our series on security in Hadoop, we finish with Encryption at rest and in motion. We go over the different approaches, do’s and don’ts and mention some higher level application in this space.
00:00 News for the week!
- Executives Still Relying on Gut, Not Gigabytes in Planning for Future
- Rewriting SAS Programs for Financial Data Manipulation in R
- Chris Surdak – Why so many Big Data projects fail
- Apache Spark 2.0 Performance Improvements Investigated With Flame Graphs (14-Sep-2016)
- SQL on Hadoop benchmarks get serious (14-Oct-2016)
- WHERE IS APACHE HIVE GOING? TO IN-MEMORY COMPUTING. (06-Oct-2016)
- APACHE HIVE VS APACHE IMPALA QUERY PERFORMANCE COMPARISON (11-Oct-2016)
- Cloudera wants extra money from Intel to become a cloud provider?
- Four interesting things about IBM, Hadoop and open source (2 years old)
- Recovering from a database disk failure in Big SQL (20-oct-2016)
37:20 Security 3: Encryption at rest and in motion
- Nice intro in the apache docs:
- RPC Encryption: