In this episode, we continue our coverage on Hadoop security. Where episode 24 dealt with the subject of authentication, we now delve deeper in the why and how of authorization and audit, and cover the major players in the arena.
00:00 Recent events
- Beyond Privacy and Security in a Connected World
- The broken promise of open-source Big Data software – and what might fix it
- Meet Apache Spot, a new open source project for cybersecurity
- SMEs advised to capitalise on ‘big data’
- What is hardcore data science—in practice?
- Hortonworks, IBM Collaborate to Offer Open Source Distribution on Power Systems
- Inside ‘The Next Rembrandt’: How JWT Got a Computer to Paint Like the Old Master The project leaders explain their brilliant, troubling masterpiece
- Strata+Hadoop World New York
- Cloudera Kudu 1.0.0 released
- Audience Questions from Sampath @ Baltimore:
42:15 Security 2: Authorisation and audit
- The principles of auth reflected by the underlying organisation of your data
- Sync with AD/LDAP groups, don’t go user specific wherever possible.
- Use whatever tools are in your platform:
- Cloudera – Sentry
- Hortonwork – Ranger
- MapR – ???