This episode we have an interview with John Mertic about ODPi. There has been plenty of mystery and even some controversy about ODPi which we attempt to resolve for you. Big thanks to John for giving us some of his time for this interview!
Sadly, this time the Skype Gods were not with us and we experienced some drops and hitches. We tried to smooth things over as much as possible, but we were not able to achieve our usual level of quality this time.
00:00 Recent events
- Vacation for Dave
- Study for Jhon
10:40 Interview with John Mertic @ ODPi
- John Mertic, Director of Program Management for ODPi and Open Mainframe Project
- Find John on twitter: @jmertic
- If you’re not familiar with the ODPi here’s a few good links to get you started and interested in the area:
- Links to the ODPi Specifications: https://www.odpi.org/specifications
- Watch an interview with Alan Gates who discusses what the ODPi is trying to do to simplify the big data world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vogw33pbNOE
- Watch an interview with John Mertic who discusses how the ODPi compliance affects upstream Hadoop components: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siEkCutk_f8
56:30 Questions from our Listeners
- No questions this episode… ask us more questions and we’ll answer them!