Dave went to the Hadoop Summit 2016 in San Jose last week and came back with a riveting tale to tell. In this first part of the Summit coverage, join me when I ask Dave all about the keynotes and the general event. Join us next episode where Dave will talk about some of the sessions he attended!
00:00 Recent events
- Lift and shift to IaaS
- Hybrid Disaster Recovery
- Spark & ML goodness MOOC’s
- San Jose Hadoop Summit
09:25 Dave went to the Hadoop Summit in San Jose!
- Record attendance, maybe a venue change in future
- Sponsor exhibition area including “interesting” story
- The Community Corner
- The keynotes
- Hadoop is 10 years old
- Microsoft on Machine Learning
- Hadoop Assemblies
- Hadoop fragmentation
- Cyber security
- Car insurance premiums “to measure”
- Ethics session
40:55 Questions from our Listeners
- Beefy feedback from Kris
- A listener wants to know if it is worth the trip to go to the US Summit or to just go to the “local” Summit, wherever that is.
- Nishant would like an episode about the entire ecosystem. What do you think?