Since both Dave and Jhon were not able to attend the Dataworks Summit in San Jose a couple of weeks ago, we have a guest, Ward Bekker, who was happy to join and educate us on the subject.
In this episode we discuss the daily keynotes and Wards’ selection of sessions at the Summit ranging from the new things in Yarn 3.0, Materialized views in Hive and much more.
Ward Bekker (Linkedin)
Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer II @ Hortonworks
Some of the sessions and topics discussed are:
- Apache Hadoop State of the union
- What is new in Apache Hive
- Runing distributed tensorflow in production
- Just the sketch: advanced streaming analytics in Apache Metron
- Containers and Big Data
- Catch a hacker in realtime: Live visuals of bots and bad guys
- HDFS tiered storage
- Geospatial data platform at Uber
- What’s the Hadoop-la about Kubernetes?