Paul Codding and Sheetal Dolas, both from Hortonworks, join us in this first part of a two part episode where they share their experience with what can go wrong when Hadoop is deployed. Listen to the tips and tricks these gentlemen share and double the throughput for your cluster.
00:00 Recent events
- Apache Beam becomes a top level project!
- Four Types of Data Analytics
- MapR claims open source victory with patent
- Ransomware attacks on insecure Hadoop systems may be next, say security researchers
- Revenge of the DevOps Gangster: Open Hadoop Installs Wiped Worldwide
- Making Big Data User Friendly For Small Businesses
30:15 What do people get wrong when deploying Hadoop? – Part 1
An interview with two guests from Hortonworks:
- Paul Codding
- Product Management Director at Hortonworks
- Sheetal Dolas
- Engineering Leader, Architect And Big Data Champion at Hortonworks